Monday, February 16, 2009

Over-Reacting

Drama...I hate it! Recently my 6yo daughter asked me what did overacting mean. I told her something like..."it's when you make a big deal over something that isn't really a big deal". The answer seemed to suffice, and then later in the day when she over-reacted, I pointed it out and told her..."that's what it means to over-react".

Well today...I think I might have over-reacted. Some news I received didn't sit very well with me and I did it..I over-reacted. I threw away everything I KNOW for sure about God and trust and faith...and I over-reacted. I got stressed, my blood pressure went up, I got a little hot under the collar, and even shed a few tears. It wasn't pretty.

The thing is...I trust God. I have faith that He is in control over everything. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He holds my days in His hand. He's invested. He's interested. He's concerned. Yet, when things happen that I don't have any control over, I somehow forget all that for just a moment. And in that moment...something happens. I over-react...I let the enemy come in and steal all the joy for that moment...I lose sight of the absolutes of His nature...HIS joy, HIS peace and HIS sovereignty.

So...what did I do? Fortunately it didn't take long for me to get it together and realize who was stirring the pot. I hit my knees...asked forgiveness...received it and then...asked God for direction, wisdom and some peace. And guess what? I got it.

Thank you Lord, for loving me...in spite of me. If I am going to over-react...let it be about something YOU do!

No comments: