Sunday, January 27, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I've bought my gloves, my first seeds, a few containers, soil...and all I'm waiting on is February 1st to get here. My first spring gardening catalog came from Gardener's Supply about two weeks before Christmas. Then my onion seed catalog came the first week in January. And now Neil Sperry's facebook posts are starting to entertain thoughts of spring planting...and it's making me super happy.

Last summer we had to cut down 13 pine trees from our yard. I was sad beyond compare because they were one of the reasons we had bought the house. But the drought of 2010 had damaged them so bad that they were a danger and we had to get them removed. Anyway, now that I've recovered from our loss, I've been eyeing the perfect spot in the yard where a garden would get enough sunlight now. I'm pretty excited.

To add to the excitement are all the ideas you can find on Pinterest and blogs. Here are a few of my favorite ideas for container gardening:




































So, in just a few days, I'll be planting. The feel of the dirt between my fingers, the promise of seed bearing fruit in a few months and the anticipatory waiting period...I love it all...well everything but the Texas heat!

Are you planting this spring? Do you container garden, dig in the dirt, buy plants rather than seed? I'd love to hear what works for you!


No comments: