I was thinking of all the things Christmas means at our house and decided that there's really no one answer that is completely right...except of course JESUS. But, if your house is anything like mine Christmas includes lots of different things...here are a few of our favorite Christmas things:
1. Driving around looking at Christmas lights many times throughout the holidays.
2. Multiple manger scenes throughout the house that the kids can play with (a little side note that some manger scenes may have characters added to the scene...such as cowboys, Santa, stuffed snowman, John Deere tractors and fire trucks)
3. Decorating the family and fancy tree.
4. Christmas programs at church.
5. Christmas photo.
6. Elf on the Shelf.
7. Reading the Christmas story on Christmas Eve.
8. Making and setting out reindeer food on Christmas Eve.
9. Christmas baking for neighbors and friends.
10. Taking the kids to shop for each other.
11. Hallmark Christmas movies.
12. Letters to Santa.
13. Checking the mail for Christmas Cards and packages.
14. Adopting a family or child to buy for.
15. Sorting packages on Christmas Eve.
The list could go on and on. These things that make our Christmas season special are creating memories for our family.
How about your family? What's something special you do during the holidays to make it special?