Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2010 Review

Sure, the year isn't over yet....but with 10 days left on the calendar and 6 of them being spent away from home, I think it is safe to go ahead and wrap up a few dangling thoughts while I am not sleep deprived.

Many things happened this year that impacted my life personally and our family life. God's presence continues to be apparent in every little aspect. I've been trying to pay better attention and hope to do an even better job of pointing the praise in His direction for the little things as well as the big ones.

Some highlights of 2010:

1. I realized how powerful words can be when I let the words of a perfect stranger totally defeat my weight loss goals...and I never got back on track because obviously I wasn't looking toward JESUS to meet this goal. UGH.

2. We took a huge step of faith regarding a career move for me. Now instead of writing press releases, I'm teaching 4 year olds how to write their ABC's.

3. I met my niece for the first time in March. She will turn 1 on Christmas Day. She's stolen the hearts of many.

4. God blessed us with the sale of our house in Gunter.

5. Savannah made us so very proud when she won a very special award in AWANA at the end of the year program last spring.

6. Tucker had a mouthful of dental work done....and now his smile is perfect!

7. We vacationed at Beaver's Bend in OK....and it was beautiful and wonderful.

8. Mom and Pops visited two times...once in the summer and then again at Thanksgiving. We loved having them.

9. We buried a friend.

10. We stepped in to work with the youth at church.

11. Savannah began piano lessons.

God's been faithful...through the good, the bad and the ugly. He's constant, stedfast and sure. In the midst of grief and hurt and moments of complete happiness, I am thankful for the beauty of his holiness, omniscience and grace. I am blessed.

No comments: