Tuesday, December 7, 2010

SPLURGE!

I rarely splurge on anything. I am a tight wad, bargain shopping, sometimes coupon clipping, clearance shopping, deal searching, second hand and garage sale perusing momma. But, sometimes a girl's gotta splurge....or support her husbands need to splurge!

Here's how it went down.

Bruce makes an annual QVC Shopping Network purchase. It happens every year about this time. He doesn't set out to do it, it's not on the calendar....it just happens. He will be watching late night TV and channel surf to QVC and there will be some remarkable Today's Special Value and because they are normally sold out by the time he gets around to watching it....I'm safe. There was the exception of Henrietta Hen (I wonder why this little treasure wasn't sold out at 10pm????) but for the most part I've been safe from these late night purchases. But.....last week was different.

We were sitting in the living room when Bruce stops on QVC. The convo went a little like this:

BRUCE: See that?
ME: What....the Keurig?
BRUCE: Yes....what do you think about it?
ME: I think we don't drink coffee.
BRUCE: I'm thinking I might get into coffee?
ME: Like golf or running?
BRUCE: No, I think I might really like it.
ME: Don't you think you would know by now? Is this a midlife crisis?
BRUCE: Do you remember our QVC account #?
ME: I've never ordered from QVC
BRUCE: Hello, Customer Service....this is Bruce Stinson, I'd like to order Today's Special Value....on 5 Easy payments of .......



There you have it. UPS delivered our little box of midlife crisis to the door yesterday...along with 48 of its finest flavors. I sampled one today...and boy was it yummy. Who knows....maybe we are growing up after all! This is one QVC purchase I won't be complaining about!

1 comment:

F. Deaton said...

..."little box of mid-life crisis..." HYSTERICAL! I feel like I'm being left behind in the coffee bean dust here...guess I need to drink up!