A few gratitudes from the last week:
1. My home. If you've read back a few days, you already know that we just celebrated our 1 year anniversary of moving into our home. What's so special about that? Well, we spent 3 months in an RV right before the purchase of this home while we were waiting for our home in another town to sell. God provided wonderful renters for our home, and eventually buyers...all while supplying for us to be able to buy the home we are in now. I think we appreciate it much more after our 3 months in the RV!
2. My job. I feel blessed to get to work with some amazing women, teach 11 of the cutest and funniest 4 year olds around and have the opportunity to share Jesus everyday!
3. Motivation. This time of year always gets me motivated to do something new....change the furniture around, try a new recipe, tackle a home improvement project. Getting busy on some of those things today!
4. Comic Relief. My kids have been exceptionally funny lately. Most days I could probably bore you to tears with the details of their humor. It's fun watching them learn to laugh at themselves, tell jokes and figure out that they are seriously funny.
5. Faithfulness. Sometimes it's an encouragement to watch the life of someone else. Sometimes it's not. Recently I've been blessed by the faithfulness of some of God's finest servants. Faithfulness to God is beautiful for so many reasons. One, the example it is to others to watch someone stay faithful during times of trials is so rare in the world today. Rare things have great value. Second, faithful servants speak loudly about a faithful God. You can often see someones real priorities by looking at where they spend their time and what they talk about. I'm thankful for those faithful Christians who invest their time and talents in eternal things.
So, what are you thankful for today?