Saturday, October 23, 2010

Satisfying Saturday

This was one of those weeks that just demanded for a slow paced Saturday.


So when I saw that RAIN was in the forecast for this weekend....I just about did the Happy Dance!!!--- and if you've seen me dance...

Thursday I worked from the moment I got home from teaching. Laundry, Bathrooms, Floors, Dusting....the works. I enlisted the help of my kids...and eventually Bruce so that by days end....the house was spic and span, laundry was just about done and the smell of the weekend was in the air. 

As soon as school let out Friday I took Tucker to the grands and Savannah and I headed to my new home away from home....Scrappy K's. I had spotted a chipboard scrapbook that I wanted to try my hand at a few weeks ago. We spent almost two hours browsing over papers, stamps, chalks, stickers, chipboard, tags, embellishments and so much more. It was fun spending time with Savannah that way. We left with a sack full of goodies and headed home to scrap while the guys were still gone. 

The rest of the evening was spent veggin' with the kids while we watched the Ranger's finish up the ALB championship - that in and of itself is a whole different post. 

Today...Saturday..... has been spent printing pictures for my new scrapbook, playing with the munchkins, baking brownies, catching up on HGTV, blog browsing and cooking dinner....and yes, even though I threw a load or two of laundry in the washer, I still feel like Saturday has been satisfied.

What a great weekend! What's your favorite thing about Saturday?

No comments: