Wednesday, October 20, 2010

In the Scheme of Things

I was just thinking about a few of the struggles that have been going on in my life. I was trying to think of solutions, trying to figure out the details, trying to pray about them....and then I started comparing my struggles with the struggles some of my friends are going through and I realized how insignificant my struggles are in the scheme of things. A husband's illness, a child's disease, financial worries, international living decisions, ministry challenges...boy, do my worries pale in comparison.

But then it hit me.....God's not comparing my worries with other's worries. He knows the cares of my heart like the back of His Son's nail pierced hand. He doesn't define my worries as insignificant or irrelevant compared to those around me. He's interested and devoted to taking care of my concerns with the same love, compassion, justice and care as He is the next person. You see, none of these worries are a big problem for a God like mine. He doesn't have a "scheme of things" scale where He devotes more or less energy to one problem or another. He's equally concerned for each of His children, even more so than the best mother for each of her children.

I'm thankful He's able and willing to handle these desperate cries of my heart....no matter how insignificant they might be....from feeling overwhelmed, to parenting concerns, to whether or not I've balanced the checkbook correctly! Yes, in the human scheme of things, some of my concerns seem pitiful, but God looks deeper, into the crevices of my heart and sees the real issues...and knows just how to handle them....in or out of the scheme of things.

2 comments:

Cooking Up Faith said...

This is so true. The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8

God wants to hear our concerns - all of them - so he can perfect them and show His glory. Thanks for sharing this post!
Big Fat Mama

Kathy said...

So comforting to know he cares for each one; each person & their accompanying cares, as if they're the only ones. He is a great and sovereign God.