Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jack-O-Lantern June

Last October you might remember I blogged about a trip to the pumpkin patch. We purchased 8 or so tiny pumpkins and once we got home I let the kids decorate them with markers. We didn't carve them. We lined our front porch with these homemade autumn decorations and once Halloween and Thanksgiving passed, I threw them into my flower beds to rot....Not one of the brightest ideas I have ever had!!!



This spring after cleaning all my flower beds out, planting new flowers and a few seeds, I put a layer of mulch down. Things we moving right along. Until...a few weeks ago I noticed this...


Can you guess what this is? Yep...I am growing my own pumpkin patch....very unintentionally!!! I have deliberated about whether I should pull up the pumpkin vine and have decided not to. I am going to leave it there because it reminds me of an important biblical principle.

You never know when the seed you sow will take root, be watered and produce fruit (or pumpkin in this case). How true is that! We never know when that opportunity to share Christ's love will blossom into something beautiful later. I forget sometimes that just because I don't get the result I want when I do something for someone, that later...sometimes years later that kind deed, spoken word or prayer will be just the thing someone remembers in their time of need. I also fail to remember that just because I don't lead a person to the Lord doesn't mean that the seed I have sown was worthless. God's Word tells us that some sow, some water but GOD gets the increase. I just need to be concerned with sowing seed wherever I am and let God do the rest. He's more than capable.


1 comment:

Kathy said...

Great post. I'm thinking also of all the wonderful things you really can do with pumpkin. Any possibilities of having a giveaway-witnessing tool??? Wonder how that could work. My wheels are turning!