Thursday, December 11, 2008

24

My last 24 hours have been CRAZY! My friend from Beaumont came to stay with us 2 days while in the area working. While here, she had a horrible reaction to some medication she is on and we ended up spending 4 hours in the ER. When I got home, Tucker, who has been sick for 3 days, was worse than ever...fever, vomitting, coughing, stuffy nose....YUCK! Anyway, we had a pretty sleepless night.

Isn't it funny how much can change in 24 short hours. The house was clean, we had company over, we were talking about a staff dinner we were to host tonight, we were making PLANS. Needless to say....all those plans...and the clean house changed pretty quickly!

Somehow, in the chaos that transpired, I imagined how it must have been 24 hours before Christ was born. My mind has been dwelling on the nativity story lately so I pondered there for a while. What was Mary thinking. Knowing the Savior of the World was on his way in just hours. What about Joseph? Do you think he felt the weight most father's feel when they are about to become a parent. I also thought about Mary's parents, how do you think they felt knowing their daughter was soon to deliver and was heading out of town! (I know my mom wouldn't have been happy!) This quiet little world where Joseph and Mary lived was soon to explode with the activity of baby...our Savior. 24 hours...changed the world.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I'm enjoying your great play list. Thanks for the beautiful music. May our Lord add great comfort (and sleep) and joy to you all. In Christ, Kathy