Friday, June 20, 2008

15 Years and Counting

I found a song a couple of weeks ago that I love. You might have heard it on Christian radio. Anyway, I was listening to it last night and I thought....this is exactly like what we were talking about at Bible study last week about Proverbs 3:5-6 (especially the "make my path straight" part). Here's the link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZayut9i45M Take a listen and think about the words. It was another hiitsu (sp?) (the half has not been told) moment. I hope it blesses your heart....it has mine.


Bruce and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary yesterday. Some days it seems like yesterday and others it seems like we have been married since the beginning of time. Aren't there benefits to both feelings? When you first get married there is that ooey gooey lovey dovey type of infatuation. Both husband and wife will bend over backwards to do whatever it is that the other needs. Ice cream at midnight....no problem, husband going to by feminine products...no problem....fireside chatting....no problem...watching football no problem. Then there's the comfortableness of an old pair of slippers, chair or sweats. It feels good and familiar. That's my marriage. Don't get me wrong....there's plenty of ooey gooey....but what I love about Bruce is that after 15 years he is familiar to me. He is here for the long haul. He isn't going anywhere without me, he is completely devoted to me and even though we are both a little worse for the wear after 15 years...he isn't throwing me out!!!!!!HAHA! I love our life together. For ten years before we had children, he consumed every moment of my everyday. Now that the hours fly by and we sometime feel like we are ships passing through the night....I am glad that he is my comfortable, familiar friend/husband/companion.

No comments: