Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Teachable Tuesday- Cleaning Out

My mom and I were talking the other day and both admitted that after Christmas seems to be the most logical time to spring clean. When you're moving the tree out, taking the garland from the mantle and moving the manger scene back into it's box, it just seems right to thoroughly clean and dust and wipe down.

So this week, I am teaching my kids to really clean out. We are starting with three boxes.... Donate, pass on to someone we know, throw away. All three boxes must be full before the chore is over. This is great because after Christmas there is usually an abundance of "stuff" and instead of me deciding what they should keep or get rid of, this puts the ball in their court. Less stress and less decision making for me....and more responsibility for them.

What are you teaching your kids this week?


No comments: