Friday, January 4, 2019

Recovery

Seems like some of the best things in life require a recovery period....babies being born, vacations, surgeries that help us feel better. Recovery is a good thing. It means you're still around.

I feel like my house is in recovery mode from Christmas. There are still amazon boxes lying around, the wrapping paper hasn't found its way back to the closet, the tree is still up and the lights are hanging from the house just like they were a month ago. Somebody needs to get busy around here.

But that's life. And life in the parsonage sometimes gets out of hand...the messes overwhelm me and the work to get everything back into shape isn't very appealing. I wish I could say I was motivated, but honestly, the thing that motivates me today is that the dog threw up in the kitchen and now I don't have a choice but to mop and throw away my shoes that he aimed for this morning.

So, while I am not super motivated, the house is getting cleaned today. Everyone has been warned....mom's not kidding. And while I am sure I will get eye rolls and responses that are less than energetic, I have to remember....recovery is a good thing. It brings order and less stress and hope and a clean slate...it's a rescue of sorts... and really, aren't these all things we love?

Is there an area of your life that needs a recovery? Sometimes it's physical or mental and we need to rest. Sometimes it's a chore or an activity we don't enjoy. Sometimes it's a spiritual issue that we need to give over to the Lord and ask for His healing touch. In the parsonage, I find myself needing recovery time often. This world is messy...and much like my mopping chore today, it can feel like we've been thrown up on if we don't take some time to recover. So wherever you find yourself...physically, mentally or spiritually...take time to recover.

Signing off, so I can go recover this house! Now...where's that mop?!?!?!

No comments: