Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pinterest Project - Valentines

I saw a similar Valentine's wreath on Pinterest last weekend and thought I'd try my hand at making something cute for our front door.



What you'll need:

1 skein of yarn in color of your choice (I chose a wheat color)
3 sheets of felt...the kind precut in the craft department. I chose 1 each of red, white and pink
3 feet of string or yarn
Straight pins...I chose the kind with the pearl on the end, but they have them in white and an assortment pack...just pick something that matches your colors
1 straw wreath
Scissors





So...wrap the yard around the wreath 1,000,000,000 times. My advice is to skip your morning workout because although it will be worth it in the end....your arm is going to hurt after this step. There's no shortcut...just do it.



Cut out hearts (about 2 inches tall by 3 inches wide) in various colors of felt. Create a pattern of your choosing

Secure the hearts with pins.

Take remaining string or yarn and criss cross it over the hearts in a pattern. Secure string with pins on the back side of wreath.

Use remaining pins as decorative dots around the wreath.



Super Easy! Let me know if you try it...I'd love to see pictures!

No comments: