Friday, January 2, 2015

A Few Favorite Things from the Holidays

Every holiday season I enjoy finding new foods and other items that are unique, seasonal or new to me. Here's a list of my top 4 new found favorite things....in no specific order....drumroll please....



Run to your local grocery store and get you some of this mix. In 15 minutes..plus the time it takes your oven to heat up, you can be giving your taste buds a little party. These taste exactly like the restaurant ones. Unbelievable. And I followed the box directions precisely and got, not 10 but 12 ...one dozen...of these babies. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin.


Since we're on the subject of food....after you finish your biscuit....finish up the party in your mouth by tasting one of these little darlings...

Somewhere between soft and crispy you'll find this chocolate snowball cookie. It's almost like a devils food cake with powdered sugar....and they are super cute too. My sister in law brought these over Christmas Eve night and I think I ate 1/2 of them. Oh...wait...this isn't a confessional.

After you fill your belly with all that deliciousness you're likely to need a good cleansing....wait...not that kind....I'm talking about a facial. Sugar, chocolate, greasy foods of the season...all lend themselves to facial breakouts no matter what the age...My sister got me this cleanser for Christmas....


Praise the Lord...I'm not using the antibacterial hand soap on my face anymore....and no...I'm not kidding. And do you know how embarrassing it is when people are like, "wow, your skin is so pretty...what do you use?" and I have to reply, "great value, antibacterial hand soap". My skin thanks you and the world thanks you, my dear sister, Amy.

Another gift I received for Christmas was this lovely Erin Condren planner. Now...before you go a googling it...I'm just reminding you it was a gift...because even though I LOVE it....I'm not sure I could throw down the cash money for it on my own...because I am cheap frugal. But now that I have one of my dreamy planners....I am going to be the most organized frugal woman in Texas...or at least my county. This planner not only has month by month, but day by day calendaring and lots of extra room for notes. It also has a pouch and several envelope type folders attached. It's spiral bound with a ruler and it is extremely well made. 


In addition to these personal favorite things I'll also tell you my favorite gifts that I gave this year...
next week. I hope you'll come back to see!

Meanwhile, if you discovered something new and wonderful this season....share it with us all in the comments below.

No comments: