Monday, January 12, 2015

Menu Monday

I'm back at it...after week one of successfully eating at home and trying a few new recipes...the verdict is in....they liked everything I cooked and I've got a few new recipes that I'll be cooking again.

This is what I'll be cooking this week...

Monday- Baked Ziti, Salad, roasted carrots and zucchini

Tuesday- Roast, potatoes, carrots and onions

Wednesday- Pizza

Thursday- Chili, Rice

Friday- Chili Dogs and Potato Salad

Weekends are for leftovers, sandwiches and at least one (more like 2) meals out. Someone asked me about breakfast and I'll just be honest....the kids eat cereal and I eat a whole grain cinnamon raisin English muffin every.single.morning. Yes, we're boring. Lunch usually consists of leftovers or soup or sandwiches.

Last week I made this yummy fruit dip for our small group and was surprised when none of the ladies had ever made it...so I am sharing it with you just in case you haven't realized the awesomeness of cream cheese and marshmallow whip. There it is...that's the recipe. I use my mixer and mix a jar of marshmallow whip and a soften block of cream cheese. Mix until it is cream. Chill until you're ready to dunk your fruit in it....or eat it with a spoon. Yummy....I have found strawberries, grapes and pineapple are my favorite fruits to use with this dip.

Happy Eating!

No comments: