Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Last Birthday

This is what I woke up to on my birthday......



Yes....I do have some of the most amazing friends in my life. With Bruce's permission they broke into my car...filled it with 39 balloons and wrote this most hilarious graffiti on my windows. ...Oh and to their credit blessed me with a 2 liter bottle of coke and a card. 
Thankful for those friends who go out of the way to make you feel loved. 

Anyway...I'm getting older (not old) and at some point I think we all probably have that birthday that really makes you think about who you are. This has been that year for me. God has shown me things about myself that run the scope from horrifying to beautiful and in those moments when I realized the worst and the best of who I have become I was stunned. I look back (not too far) and see where God has brought me from and I see the beauty that He has created out of mere ashes and I hope, pray, desire for Him to take all the ugly that still resides in this imperfect, humans and deplorably sinful...yet forgiven life...and make it beautiful too. 


Here's to another 39!

No comments: