Wednesday, March 9, 2011
5 Simple Rules
On Friday we will be leaving to go see Jojo and Pops. It's going to be a long trip - nearly 800 miles. So here are a few things that might help the trip go smoothly. Feel free to use them.
1. Go to the bathroom at every stop your father makes. Goodness knows he won't be stopping any extra so save yourself and your bladder the pain of needing to "go" and take advantage of every.single.stop.
2. Stay on your side of the car. I know at the beginning you will think you want to sit right next to each other...but before long someone will start complaining about the other one breathing his/her air, or touching them, or looking at them...do us all a favor and stay on your side.
3. It will take us 14 hours to get there. So until we are at hour 13 please do not ask, "Are we there yet?", "How much further?" or any alteration of these phrases. Thank you.
4. You can help pass the time by reading, watching videos, listening to music, playing the license plate game, the count the road kill game...but please....do not read the billboards in Louisiana. There are things that happen there that only they should know about.
5. Remember just because you play your music loud in your headphones, doesn't mean you have to sing loud too. Dad and I have heard just about all we can stand of the Jonas Brothers, PureNRG, Imagination Movers and Handy Manny. We're good just to ride in the complete silence the car affords us.
And remember....we're just as anxious as you to get there!!!