Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Trapping....

Que Spooky Music...

We set a trap in the backyard and baited it in hopes of getting the culprit. Instead....we captured a similarly distasteful creature who will be making his new home in the country somewhere....a opossum. Have you ever seen one of these up close and personal? Not the prettiest flower in the bunch for sure.

We weren't trying for the opossum. But, the damage he could do to my garden is way too much and therefore, our friend came, loaded up the trap and will let him go someplace in the country. His curiosity got the best of him and he ended up taking the bait, left for the other animal.

I wonder if we ever do that? Satan sets a trap meant for someone else, but our curiosity gets the best of us and we fall for something we never intended to fall for. I know I've done it...and then I wind up someplace I never intended to be.

I'm glad there are no tricks like that with God. That's why this journey of knowing Him is such a blessing. As I learned today at church, God wants to put His hand on us. What better place could there be than in His hand, guided, secure, safe?...no matter what traps are laid.

No comments: