Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Now I know you are probably thinking...blurred vision???...what are you talking about??? But in those moments as I waited for Bruce to get to the house, I found myself blurried by circumstances. This is what the enemy threw at me:
1. You are living in an RV
2. Your RV was struck by lightning
3. Your home isn't selling...and in fact it's costing you $$$ to fix the airconditioner
4. You're gaining weight (I know...odd...but he low balled me and threw that in there too!)
5. You're not ready to start school yet
6. You're kids are being affected by this life-transition
...and the list went on.
See what I mean? For a few moments I sat there in my comfy recliner and let my vision get blurred by my very temporary circumstances. What. In. The. World?
And almost as quickly, I heard God whisper in my ear one word: TEMPORAL. It cleared my vision almost instantly. I got my head screwed on straight and began thinking of all the eternal things HE is doing in my life:
1. Teaching me and my family to walk by faith
2. Allowing us to develop the bus outreach program at the church (a program really close to my heart!)
3. Seeing my children so excited about memorizing God's Word in AWANA
4. New eternal relationships being formed within our class at church
5. Ladies Bible Study
6. The opportunity to have talked with someone about turning their life over to the Lord.
7. His amazing provisions for us during this time
Oh how quickly the devil can get in and throw sand in our eyes. I don't know about you but I want clear 20/20 vision when walking in this world. I don't want to be blindsighted by the traps, snares, broken airconditioners or lightning attracting RV's. I want to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and finisher of my faith.
God help me stay focused on the one who sees, knows and is in control of it all!