Friday, February 1, 2019

Stepping Out....Being Brave....

So, it's been years coming.
You know...that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach or in the back of your throat when you know you need to commit to something but the timing seems off?
Well, the time has come.

So I applied and was accepted to a writing group...one that will help me grow, teach me better writing techniques, help me find my voice, guide me through the next stages of whatever God wants.

I've been pushed into this direction for years by the encouragement of others but over the last year have felt God prodding me towards a start date. During a recent move, God allowed my path to cross with someone who I've worked with before, but in a different capacity. This time she will help coach me, cheer me on and guide me to reach a few goals...maybe even towards having something published.

This step has been hard for me. For the last few years I allowed the enemy to rob me of so much because of circumstances. Over the last year I have had many "fall on Jesus", moments and have confessed my fears and my doubts, my hurts and disappointments and my lack of faith. One of the greatest doubts I faced was writing something meaningful again in the face of such a life devastated. 

There is nothing new under the sun. I don't expect my writing to be revolutionary or reveal anything new. But I do know there is someone who might need to hear of the goodness of God in my life, of His redemption, of His amazing plans, of His working in the everyday messes and miracles and ordinary, mundane Thursday Nights or Tuesday afternoons. May it all be to His glory.




No comments: