Friday, February 8, 2019

Mic Drop Moments

The State of the Union Address was on television Tuesday night. The president was applauded by some and hated by others. That fact is nothing new. But where we are as a country is new...or at least new to me.

We are in a place of constant uproar. Things never settle down. For someone like me who needs some quiet each day, this is difficult. It's affecting our families and relationships. I have family members who I don't even have a relationship with because they can't talk about anything but the government and I refuse to talk about it, because I know it will only cause a deeper wedge between us. It really is heartbreaking.

It's the enemy again...stealing, killing and destroying. I hate him. I hate the power he has in the world. I hate his forces of evil that do his work and will and I hate the damage he has done all around me. And sometimes if I am not careful I can think he has the upper hand and then I am reminded...
And just like that, like a mic drop, I am reminded that though I am walking around in this sinful world, what I have because I have Jesus is greater. Greater than the things that anger me, greater than the things that feel like they are overwhelming, greater than this world's views on the things that I hold dear and precious to me. He is greater. He will get the last word. 

So if you're like me, and the things that cross your news feed are just too much to bear sometimes, take courage and hope from the Word of God....He is greater. He will win. He will get the victory. 

No comments: