Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Smashing

I've wanted to get back into scrapbooking for over a year. Yet, as much as the desire for the finished product was appealing, the thought of all the mess that is involved and frankly, the perfectionist tendencies that I had when doing it before, all made the idea less than desirable for me.

But....I just found out about smashing. Have you heard about it? From my understanding it's old school scrapbooking, where you take your receipts, snapshots, movie stubs anything and smash it randomly onto cute paper. So it still has the feel of scrapbooking but not the perfection. Here are some pics I found online so you can get a better idea if you're interested:













So, this January I am going to give it a try. I'll try to remember to post a picture of what I smash at the end of the month...and I'll give my honest review if this is easier than scrapbooking. And for all of you who are avid scrappers....claps for you...I love looking at the finished project! If you're already smashing I'd love to see your work...send me a link and I'll take a look!

For more pictures of some great smashing check out this LINK.

No comments: