Friday, December 23, 2011

Pondering His Presence

Rev 1:8 and 22:13:  "'I am the Alpha and the Omega [the first and the last, the beginning and the end],' says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty"  (see also Isaiah 44:6).


As I read these scriptures earlier today I was reminded that He's been here all along...Isn't that a comforting thought. Nothing has happened that He hasn't seen. Nothing has gone unnoticed or ignored. He's been here... where I am...where you are....Emmanuel forever. 


When I'm feeling discouraged or lonely or like no one else on the planet could possibly understand how I'm feeling...I am calmed and comforted by the knowledge that there is nothing that is hidden from Him. He sees it all, His compassion feels it all, His mercy forgives it all, His grace covers it all. What a gift He is...a gift that keeps giving and giving and giving. 

No comments: