If you've read this blog for very long, you know that my mom is an extraordinary person. Besides the normal great mom stuff...cooking, cleaning, shopping and decorating, she tops the chart in teaching, looking remarkably younger than her years and making the best homemade spaghetti sauce this sauce of Italy.
Her 60th birthday is Friday....the 13th. In just a few hours the celebrating will begin. I talked with her the other night on Skype and asked her how she was feeling about it and her response was "I'm trying not to think about it!" I'm pretty sure she will have no choice!
In honor of my mom's birthday on August 13th, I am listing 13 of my favorite things about my mom.
1. She has the most gorgeous thick hair.
2. She makes the most of what she has.
3. She is an incredible gardener.
4. She's a hard worker.
5. She can take a room of mix match elements and make it look like a magazine picture.
6. She was faithful to God during the worst part of her life.
7. She can hop on the counter and belt out the Murphy's Oil song better than anyone I know (and yes, mom, this IS true)
8. She wasn't afraid to homeschool her 3 kids when homeschooling was totally uncool in the 80's.
9. She puts everything but the kitchen sink in her potato salad and it always turns out good!
10. She is a great mother in law
11. She's an even better grandmother
12. She is wise
13. She thinks of others more than she thinks of herself.
I could go on and on....bottom line: she is the woman I want to be. Sure she has her short comings, but at the end of the day, I hope this apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Happy Birthday Mom!