Saturday, December 26, 2009

Honest Scrap Award!

A couple of weeks ago I received this award from my friend Kathy, over at Field Lily. Kathy is such an encourager. I've been blessed by her words left in my comments box more than once. Thanks Kathy!

I've been thinking a lot about what to write. I am suppose to write 10 honest things about myself....here goes:

1. I would rather be home than any other place on earth. I love a clean house, clean laundry and fresh bread baking in the oven. Now, don't get your hopes up...rarely do all these things happen at the same time, but nonetheless, I love creating an atmosphere that is relaxing and inviting for my family and friends.

2. I don't like football. At all. I would rather eat collard greens....and I don't like them either.

3. I enjoy my children. Yes, they are normal kids, but at the end of the day, I really-really enjoy being with them.

4. I love old stuff...Antiques, yard sale finds, junk on the side of the road and other people's trash.....you know...it's my treasure. There's very little a little TLC can't fix.

5. My favorite book of the Bible is Proverbs. This love began as a 13 year old child when my parent's were homeschooling me. Each morning my Dad would read a chapter with us and we would discuss it. He would explain the tough words....and they have guided me since then.

6. I want to be more aware of the presence of God working around me in 2010. I know He is working and I am hoping to write down more of what I see Him busy doing during this next year. Recently He provided us with a replacement dryer in a miraculous way (I'll blog about that later) and I don't ever want to forget the way HE is always watching over us.

7. I am content. It's been a long time since I could say it....and mean it. God's hand has been all over our lives this year. But that doesn't mean it's been easy. From moving, to RV living, to buying a home and owning another one in our old city, God has been teaching me that I can be content in any situation if I am focused on HIM!

8. I have very strong opinions about Christians helping the sincerely poor and needy. I'm not kidding. You probably don't want to get into an arguement about this with me.

9. I love blogging. I've missed it this month, but needed to get refocused and spend some time with my sweet family. I am on track again, and hope to be writing daily in 2010. I blog because I want to look back and see what's been accomplished, how God's worked things out and how my kids have changed and grown. I blog because I want to encourage others by what I am learning and with the testimony of the GREATNESS of God. I love hearing from all the people that read my blog...so comment!!!

10. I am ever thankful for the glorious gift of my salvation. What precious sacrifice that was made for me. It was the most honest prayer I ever prayed...at the age of 5. I am so thankful that Christ is daily working out His will in my life.

Thanks again KATHY for thinking of me for your HONEST SCRAP award!

I am passing it on to:


Here's what you have to do:

If you've been nominated and you would like to participate, the Rules are:


1. Leave a word of thanks for the person of nominated you, and link to their blog.

2. List 10 honest things about yourself.

3. Nominate 7 other blogs who have inspired you for one reason or another.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Enjoyed your list tremendously, Gina. Collards? I love 'em. Seriously! : ) Blessings, friend.