Sunday, December 13, 2009

Conflict of Interest

Ever felt like things were going so fast that if you stepped on the brakes there would be more damage than you could handle? That's how I've been feeling lately. Life in the fast lane is dangerous!

I don't normally blog about things when they are bothering me...I usually wait until I have recovered and can see the light or silver lining. But, truth be told, I am mid-stream walking against the tide...and I don't like it too much. It's a personal battle- one between me, myself and I.

Doing what is right isn't always easy. Someone wise said that- not me (in case you were wondering). It's a great lesson that I have been teaching my children. It's also a lesson that I have been re-learning.

God knows my heart wants to please Him. I've seen the way He works things out and I'll follow Him because He's proven Himself over and over again. Sometimes there's that conflict of interest that happens between my heart and my head though. So, I'm not convinced I will do what is right on my own. Instead, I am trusting Him once again to give wisdom. I'm asking- trusting, that He is going to give it...just like His Word tells us.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Gina, you posted well on this. I am hesitant to do as you have said, to post when all is not well, or when I am struggling. Mostly I refrain, but every now and then....You shared your transparency well and tastefully exposed the need. So, now we will pray with you, and will anticipate at some point the knowledge of resolve. The Lord is doing the unimaginable because that's how He is.