Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Boston....Part 1

Frequently featured on HGTV's House Hunter's Show is the little town of Hyde Park, situated right outside of downtown Boston. It's also the home of Boston Baptist College. It's pristine streets of century old homes are million dollar delights. It truly encompasses everything New England. 

On our recent trip to Boston, our church invested some time, money and sweat equity into the campus of Boston Bible College. Let me be clear from the get go...I've never worked harder in my life that I did those days. Here's pictures of the work we did...(and there are a lot of them...but I took over 800 so please understand that I can't help myself) and also some pictures of our site seeing. We are a group the can work hard and play hard. 

Our Central Baptist Boston Team


My dorm room for the week...
I needed a chair to climb into the bed!


Our $500 of food for the week.

Our kids after church at West Metro Baptist

Bruce O....chief tiler for the week.

Mulching Mulching and more Mulching ....4 dump trucks full

Bruce S...Mulching

Holocaust Memorial Downtown Boston

Mike and Mitchell....Chowda in a bowl

Sweet Linda...she spent a lot of time on her knees 

Savannah scrubbing walls in the empty dorm rooms

Neverending game of phase 10

Expert Pine Needle Raker

Sweeping Sweeping Sweeping


Our Dorm...we painted all the halls and the foyer

Taking old wood off picnic benches

Fenway Park and a Red Sox Win!

Trouble Makers....LOL

We made 100 Welcome Back Packs for the college students

Savannah helping Mitchell or supervising...I'm not sure!

Linda...scrubbing the floors in the cafe

Tucker...vaccuming or dancing...not sure!

Vice Pres of Student Operations and
Boston Baptist College...Randy Ward...
I know...impressive!

Mike at the Red Sox game....always smiling!

Mitchell's sister in law....supervising!

This is what it's all about....teamwork! Karlette and Tucker

More Teamwork...Sam and Thomas

Lory and Linda...with Randy...They cleaned the tool room!

Carter...mulching

Be afraid



Some of the ladies helped pick out the furnishings for the room
the guys were tiling. 

Mrs. Betty...waiting to unload the loot from shopping

Sanding....sanding... and then they gave me a belt sander and
I ended up in the next county...it had some get up and go.

Have I mentioned they mulched .. A LOT!

Bruce made a quick visit to Don South Sr. while we were in Boston.

Wednesday Night church at Ocean Springs Baptist


We celebrated our 21st anniversary ....
Tucker took our picture on the way to breakfast....wow..I look like I
need a diet coke!

Lory...Scrubbing down chairs in the cafe

Mitchell..Grouting

Heather...wiping down doors

Thomas hauling wood for the picnic tables

Heather's Hauling Too!

Finished floor in the apartment....
David Dodd, Bruce O, Mike McCoy....
Great Job!
At The Old North Church

Inside The Old North Church

Dog Tag Memorial

Paul Revere Statue with the crew

Lime Rickey at Mr Bartley's Gourmet Burger's at Harvard Square

My lunch...Bunker Hill....turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce on a bun

Savannah and I just hanging out at Harvard

Lory, Karlette, Linda, Gina and Betty

Carter, BruceO, Bruce S., Tucker, Thomas, David, Mike and Mitchell

The boys

The girls

Rockport, MA

My family

Rockport



The view leaving Boston


Savannah and me at Plymouth Rock Beach Area

Karlette at Friendly's...gooood ice cream!

Lory likes her ice cream too!

Plimouth Plantation

View from Cape Ann

Mitchell

Lori

Bruce and the Kids

Mrs. Betty

Cape Ann....love this shot

Shopping district at Cape Ann (Rockport) was beautiful

Savannah and Tucker

Bruce O with his boys

Beautiful People

No comments: