Monday, July 22, 2013

Boundaries

I was reminded of some great resources last week at the conference we attended. I checked a few out at CBD this morning and found that Boundaries is on sale for $5 right now.

Boundaries was a book that helped me early in ministry. I actually attended a book study at Sagemont Church in Houston for 12 weeks as we walked chapter by chapter through areas where we need to set healthy boundaries. I went into the study thinking telling people "no" was mean and would be misunderstood and I came away learning that to be a healthy person myself, I need to know my limits, physically, spiritually and mentally. I am far from a super-human being and to think I can handle everything just proves how much I struggle with pride.

Since the original Boundaries came out, the authors have written a few other books that highlight specific areas that we need to set healthy boundaries. I can tell you that these books helped to educate me as a very young, impressionable pastor's wife. Now as a mother, they're helping me set realistic boundaries for my kids.

Check this deal out...and more. (Search for specific title names through the search box at the top of my blog for easy access to the book information.



247454: Boundaries, Softcover


Boundaries, Softcover

By Dr. Henry Cloud / Zondervan

Having clear boundaries is essential to a healthy, balanced lifestyle. A boundary is a personal property line that marks those things for which we are responsible. In other words, boundaries define who we are and who we are not. Boundaries impact all areas of our lives: Physical boundaries help us determine who may touch us, mental boundaries give us the freedom to have our own thoughts, emotional boundaries help us to deal with our own emotions and spiritual boundaries help us to distinguish God's will from our own.


Boundaries in Dating
Boundaries with Children
Boundaries in Marriage
Boundaries with Leaders
Boundaries with Teens

No comments: