Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Reading


I've been teaching a summer reading clinic on Wednesday afternoons this summer. At first the kids were less than excited. Read? In the summer? You've got to be kidding me! But as soon as they warmed up to the games, centers, iPad and fun books they were eager to get busy each week. I'm reading the If you Give a Mouse...books and we are having fun making our own predictions!

On a personal note, I'm doing my own reading this summer, mostly ministry driven to get ready for the fall at church.



Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman: A Woman After God's  Own Heart Series, Proverbs 31


This book has been out a while but it is by the same author who wrote the James Bible Study we did last Fall. It was a manageable, do-able, toe stomping study. During the teaching time I added information from other studies, dictionaries and commentaries. It was so good...we still talk about it!

And....the ladies version of the Courageous Resolution....The Resolution for Women


The Resolution for WomenOne in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land
Priscilla Shirer says this about One in a Million


Not sure which one (if any) will make it to the Ladies Bible Study table this September...but I sure am glad to be reading all of them. Really good reads!


Whatcha Reading? Have you done a Bible study that just really spoke to you? I'd love to hear about it!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

I haven't used any of Priscilla Shirer yet but they have looked interesting. I would love to know how you liked it.

Me, Myself, and Lies by Jennifer Rothschilds was good.

We are starting a study by Elizabeth George on the book of Ephesians.

Kristy Brewer said...

I'm excited about another bible study in the fall!