Friday, May 4, 2012

When God has something else in mind...

If I'm being totally honest I need to tell you that my life has turned out nothing like I ever imagined it would be.

A few of my childhood/teen dreams included...marrying a missionary or a youth pastor....having a slew of kids...like 6-8, at some point I thought maybe I'd like to work in a home for wayward youth, or maybe working in interior design....you see...I was all over the place. Isn't that how we are when we're young? We dream uninhibited dreams and hope and pray they come true.

Somewhere along the line something happens and reality sets in. Sometimes it comes in the form of a life event, sometimes you fall in love, sometimes someone crushes your dreams and you never recover. And sometimes...God has something else in mind.

I have no idea when it happened, but as I look back over the short 39 years God has given me, I'm very humbled to have experienced the plan He had in mind. My plan would have been pale in comparison to what He's given me. It's not always been a bed of roses. I've been hurt, misunderstood, made mistakes, done my own thing a time or two and even been mad at His plan. BUT, some of the greatest growth that I've experienced in my life is a result of God's plan being carried out in my life.

I'm thankful for His individualized care for me and for His special "Gina Plan" for my life.

1 comment:

Christi said...

Love this!! I needed to read this this morning!