Friday, September 14, 2012

Recipe For a Day Off

I'm not good at resting. I don't know many moms that are. Seems like there's always something pressing to be done. Laundry, homework, dinner and housework are constantly calling our name. But, it just so happens that I have a Friday off school and the house is halfway decent and I'm sick with a cold, so I'm ordering myself a day off.

Here's the recipe:

1. Sleep in...or at least stay in the bed past 6am.

2. Pajamas...all day

3. No running appliances....dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, hair dryer. Exception: Keurig

4. Pinterest...I've seen it very little in the last month. There's bound to be something new I need to discover.

5. At least one sappy movie.

6. Some snuggle time with the kids

7. Reading

8. A Nap

9. Comfort food....possibly chili and rice since a mild cold front has moved in

10. Pillow and blanket and me on the couch

The way I see it...I better take advantage of the day while I have it! Gotta go....I have things to do...sorta!

No comments: