Monday, September 22, 2008

Celebrating

Today I continued to celebrate my friends 40th birthday. I say continued because we've been celebrating for a little over a week now. I don't care. I like celebrations...pretty much any chance I get to eat dessert and hang out with friends...I'm there. We went to the Blue Mesa (a first for me...but I will be going back...yummy!) I also met some other incredible women in her circle of friends. A photographer, a first time mom at 40, a woman who just found out her husband has cancer and a woman who, when questioned by her son why everyone looks different, replied "God is an artist". It was an amazing lunch and I felt lighter and encouraged after spending two hours over a leisure lunch with them.

I was also gifted with two days of babysitting this week by a sweet godly woman in our church. This comes at a much needed time and I am so glad I don't have to worry about them this week while I have to be away. God always provides for this little incidentals that I spend way too much time thinking about!

No comments: