Saturday, May 5, 2018

Irony

It's a little ironic that I would begin to blog again at one of the busiest times in my life. Yet...there is a little peace that comes from the quiet moments of sitting down and writing my thoughts. Chaos finds its match in the quiet.

Savannah got her learner's permit this week. It's been an adventure, these first few days of driving. She prefers my coaching so we have been going out each afternoon on our country roads and practicing. She gets better each time she practices... funny how that works.

We are in the midst of moving. With that comes the crazy of cleaning and staging and selling a home...which all happened in about 3 days. Then the packing and the packing and the packing. The chaos abounds.

With this move the family is going in all different directions...some weeks the kids are with me, sometimes with Bruce and sometimes we are all together. We are burning the rubber between here and our new hometown. If you want to know what crazy looks like...look at our debit card record. There are charges from every little town between here and there.

But the irony is...in all of this...we are at perfect peace. There are moments of cray-cray and there are moments of feeling overwhelmed...but never unrest or without the assurance of God's peace. Isn't it beautiful how God gives us peace in the middle of our hectic circumstances?  It's a gift to us, from God, to be able to walk through times of stress, trials, temptations and craziness and still have peace.

I've tried it the other way...I've tried operating in my own strength, in my own way, on my time table and it never works. His way is best...and that's not irony...that's God.

No comments: