Thursday, September 2, 2010

Watching Him Do His Thing

I've had the opportunity to watch God do some amazing things lately. It's not that He doesn't do amazing things all the time...it's just that most of the time I'm not looking or aware to see that they are happening. I don't know about you, but my prayer is that I look for Him in the everyday. For me, it's easy to see God in a baby's smile, a rainbow or some beautiful landscape. But it's harder to see God in my ordinary life....you know...the one I live 90% of the time. Here are a few things God is going around me:

1. Softening hearts....I've watched several of my friends give full surrender to whatever God has for their lives. This includes missionary work, selling homes, leaving friends and more. It's awesome to watch their faith....in fact it sort of feeds mine too!

2. The faithfulness of Christians. I was thinking about surrender and suddenly remembered that many Christians serve faithfully each week in churches across America. What a blessing...and what an impact many are making on lives today!

3. In my job. Watching God give me just the right 4 year olds for my preschool class....and knowing without a doubt He has placed each one of them there for a reason. If that isn't watching God at work I don't know what is!

4. Listening to reports from missionary friends all over the world about what God is doing in other countries. It's AMAZING!

There's still so much to be done to share God's love throughout the world, but I am so very thankful for what God is doing around me. I'm thankful to be a part of some of it and blessed to witness more of it.

So what's God doing around you right now?

No comments: