Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Talk About it Talk About it Talk About it

Last night was our Ladies Night Out at church. It was awesome!!!!! We did a cooking show type meeting. Tinna outdid herself with the decor...pumpkins, candles, bistro tables, fall leaves and more (she must have moved half her house to the church!) Anyway, Ms. Sue did a her rendition of June Cleaver and did the 1950's Good Housekeeping tips for making your man happy!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! It was as funny as the first time I heard her do it....she is FUNNY!

Then I shared all I know about baking bread...which took about 10 minutes. I made the White Amish Bread recipe from recipes.com. I had arrived early and had different loaves at different stages in the baking, rising process.

Then Charlotte shared an out of sight meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green bean recipes. Each had a very creole element and they were awesome!

The night ended with a decadent chocolate dessert that was deliciously rich!

The food was awesome and a relatively easy event to get multiple people involved. I really appreciated all the work and planning that went it to it. Plus...we went home with 5 new recipes and a boatload of new recipes.

Here's the link to the bread I made: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Amish-White-Bread/Detail.aspx Happy Baking!!!

No comments: